1/9 Spring Quarter: Week
We are Different. We are Able.
Latest & Greatest
* Spring Quarter Begins Today!!! SARC POS need to be approved in the next 2 weeks to begin this quarter. Drop/add final date is . Here is the Updates Spring Quarter Schedule and Course Catalog for reference and circulation. All past balances must be paid in full before registering for the Spring Quarter.
* Stanford University Research is conducting a research study of adults with Asperger's or Autism. If interested, here's more information.
* A doctoral student at the University of Maryland is conducting a research study on the use of robotics/adaptive technology. If interested in possibly participating in her study, here's information:
Are you interested in assistive robotics research?
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the UMBC Computer Science program and have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), a neuromuscular disorder that affects the control of muscle movement.
My goal is to develop robotics aids to increase independence for people with physical disabilities and seniors. As part of my research, I am conducting a survey on attitudes toward robotic aids and how they may improve the quality of life for those with physical disabilities and seniors.
If you are interested in the advancement of assistive robotics, you can help me with my research by participating in our survey.
Participation is voluntary and anonymous. The participant must be 18 years or older. You can access the survey here: https://goo.gl/H9lLGQ.
This study has been reviewed and approved by the UMBC Institutional Review Board (IRB). A representative of that Board, from the Office.for Research Protections and Compliance, is available to discuss the review process or my rights as a research participant.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Upcoming Events for the Calendar:
- Saturday, April 1st: CAA Staff Showcase Night, 7:30pm,Hammer Theatre (old San Jose Rep), downtown San Jose.
- Sunday, April 23: CAA Celebrating Abilities Film Festival, 2-5pm, Bluelight Cinemas, Cupertino.
- Friday, May 12: CAA Giving Breakfast, 7:45 - 9am, Scott's Seafood.
The CAA Mountain Movers Leadership Team met all day on Sunday to plan CAA's next level of strategic growth: seeking to transition CAA to operate on college campus in the local community. The team crafted a new mission state: CAA Provides an Equitable Collegiate Experience to Adults with Special Needs who Historically Have Not Had Access to College Education.
- : : CAA Heroes Outreach Dance Troupe to perform at Hester Elementary School.
- :CAA Walking Team meets at Los Gatos Trail